As the weather gets hotter, what better way to keep cool and look great than with an ultra-feminine, head-turning skirt?
Whatever your style or budget is, I know you’ll find your favorite skirt here today!
In this blog post, we’ll explore:
- Skirt styles that flatter your body shape
- What tops go best with what skirt styles
- Stunning skirts for you to shop
- Awesome accessories to add WOW
- Online Skirt Shopping Tips (hint: slips)
Different Skirt Styles
Different styles can flatter different body shapes, depending on the look you are going for. For example:
- A-line skirts are flattering on most body types since they gradually flare out from the waist.
- Pencil skirts can slim and elongate the figure, making them great for pear-shaped and hourglass figures.
- Maxi skirts skim over curves while creating a longer look that is perfect for apple shapes.
- Circle/Tulip skirts create dramatic volume by adding fullness to the hips and trimming down at the waist; this style works best on petite frames.
What Tops Work Best
Here are some styling ideas that work well with different skirt styles:
- A-line skirts look great when paired with a loose, tucked-in blouse or a figure-hugging top.
- Pencil skirts look best when worn with a tucked-in fitted top or crisp buttoned shirt.
- Maxi skirts can be styled up or down depending on the occasion; a printed blouse for a casual look, or an elegant cami for evening wear.
- Circle/Tulip skirts complete the look when paired with a structured crop top or a good-quality, classy tank top.
Avoid pairing a loose top and a loose skirt- it’s a frump disaster waiting to happen! Sigh, I’ve been there… 🙁
I hope these tips helped- and let’s take a look at those skirts! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Summer Skirts for Women: Shop Sophisticated Finds Here!
Simply click on the link for the product page to make your purchase!
The HERBATOMIA Pleated A-Line Midi Skirt is 100% polyester, features a vintage button front, and elastic closure, and is machine washable. Hand wash in cold to preserve the pleats and avoid bleaching for best results.
11 other colors are available to buy for your wardrobe!
The PrinStory Summer Casual Skirt is a flowing 95% rayon/5% spandex midi with elastic closure.
Machine wash and do not bleach to keep its color. 11 colors you’ll love to choose from.
The Kate Kasin A-Line Swing Skirt features an elastic closure and a soft lining with a pleated and flared design.
Hand wash in cold water and only allow low iron if necessary. 8 colors are available for your shopping pleasure!
The ANRABESS Boho Swing Skirt is crafted with 100% cotton, and will not shrink or fade with time.
The Pull On closure makes it easy to take on and off, it’s machine washable and has 18 beautiful colors and patterns to choose from!
The Paulo Due Stretch Denim Skirt is 98% cotton, 2% elastane, and features three front, and two back pockets, a zipper closure, belt loops, and a slit at the back for unrestricted movement.
It’s machine washable and offers 6 jean wash colors.
The Drop Maya Silky Slip Skirt is lightweight, stretchy, silky, and crafted with polyester and elastane. It features an easy pull-on style and foldover elastic waistband detail.
Hand wash only. 25 stunning summer colors to choose from!
This Urban CoCo Ruched Waist Flared Skirt is made from a lightweight breathable fabric with stretch for unbeatable comfort. It features a ruched waist, a slimming A-line cut, and a pull-on closure.
24 colors and prints, including florals, stripes, and solids!
This HAEOF Boho Maxi Skirt is crafted from a blend of 70% rayon and 30% tencel. It features a long, flowy design, an elastic waist with a drawstring, and two side pockets.
Machine washable. Which of the 9 colors will you choose?
Make a statement with this pull-on Kasper watercolor floral tulip skirt! Made from flowing 100% polyester, and should be dry cleaned only.
The Chouyatou Denim Jean Skirt is made with a cotton/polyester blend. It features a belt closure, machine washable fabric, a high-rise waist, back center zip-up closure, two pockets, an A-line silhouette, and a ruffled fishtail hem.
Machine wash cold and line dry. keeps it looking its best. Available to buy in 3 denim wash colors!
Summer work wear! This classic Esteez Ponte Pull-On Pencil Skirt is crafted from a rayon, nylon, and spandex blend for comfort, and features a below-the-knee design and no slits for a sleek look.
Machine-wash. Comes in 4 colors including navy-perfect for summer!
The Afibi Full-Length Chiffon Skirt is airy and light. The chiffon fabric is fluid with a comfortable elastic waistband.
Hand wash, and hang dry. 23 pretty and whimsical designs available!
The Star Vixen Plus-Size Knee Length Skater Skirt is a blend of polyester, rayon, and spandex. It has a pull-on closure and a flattering A-line shape.
Hand wash only. Comes in 5 fun patterns and colors!
The FEOYA A-Line Ruffle Wrap Skirt is lightweight, soft, and crafted from a cotton/polyester/spandex blend. It features an A-line design, a tie waist, a flowy and ruffle hem, a side split style, and an adjustable belt.
Hand wash, hang dry. 8 figure-flattering colors are available to purchase!
This classic hip tulip skirt is a polyester blend fabric with a back zipper closure and a high waist. The side twist knot with split hem and over-knee length offers a flattering fit.
Machine washable. 12 solid and tropical floral prints available!
The CHARTOU Midi A-Line Skirt is 100% cotton linen and features an elastic closure, a stretchy waist, and a flowy A-line silhouette.
It’s machine washable and has 6 earthy colors to choose from.
The MakeMeChic High Elastic Waist Midi Skirt is a plus-size polyester blend material with some stretch and features a ruffle hem, flounce hem, a high waist, with a pencil skirt nod.
Cold water wash. 9 patterns, styles, and colors to choose from!
The next 2 items are not skirts, but they really make a difference in you’re skirt-wearing confidence!
Two Under-Skirt Slip Options
MANCYFIT Half Slips: Crafted from a top-quality blend of polyester and spandex, this half slip is ultra-stretchy, offering a comfortable, custom fit. The silky-smooth slip comes in 8 colors.
MANCYFIT Half Slips: Experience comfortable day-long wear with this half slip made from 100% polyester. The silky-smooth texture is gentle on the skin, non-see-through, lightweight, and comes in nude, black, and white.
Accessories to Add That Pop of “WOW- You Look Great!”
Here’s a list of summer accessories to complete your skirt look:
- Statement jewelry like slim and delicate, or bolder earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Wide-brimmed hats are perfect for keeping cool in the sun.
- Belt bags add a touch of style while freeing up your hands.
- Low heels or flip–flops to stay comfortable looking chic.
- Sunglasses are always a summer must-have!
Online Skirt Shopping Tips
Here are some online shopping tips when buying a skirt:
- Pay attention to sizing: Online stores may have unique size charts and measurements, so always double-check their size chart against yours before making a purchase.
- Read fabric care instructions: Check the fabric care instructions for any item you buy to make sure it can be safely taken care of at home before deciding to purchase.
- Wearing slips: Some online skirts may be more sheer than you expected, and if so simply wear a slip underneath for confidence and modesty.
- Expect imperfections: Items bought from an online store may not be perfect; be prepared for minor differences in fit or color depending on how well the item has been photographed and described.
- Return policies and reading reviews: It’s important to check the store’s return policy and read customer reviews to ensure you can exchange or return items if necessary.
- Look at customer photos: Many online stores have customer photos that can give you a better idea of how the item looks in person.
Summer is the perfect time to wear a beautiful, feminine skirt- and if you’d like some fun suggestions on where you’d wear your new skirt, see The “Over 40” Summer Bucket List: Mature Women Do it Better, I think you’ll like it!
With so many styles, colors, and fabrics available, I know you’re going to find something that works with your wardrobe.
So don’t wait!
Start your summer shopping today and make sure your wardrobe is ready for the season!