As the leaves change colors (yay!) and a crispness fills the air, it’s time to update your accessories with the hottest bags and elevate your fall wardrobe.
In this exciting blog post, I’ll be dishing out the”coolest” fall purses.
I’ll also include tips to extend the life of your purse and keep it looking clean and brand new for years to come.
And for all you busy, oh-so-efficient moms and ladies on the go, I’ve included my “15 items” and “30 items” purse essentials lists- never get caught out in any situation again.
And yes, it does have a Mary Poppins vibe to it!
The BEST TIPS for Purse Storage, Cleaning, and Care
As a mom who doesn’t often splurge on purses, I understand the importance of preserving the life and shape of the coveted purses I do have.
And because I absolutely LOVE the look of new purses, I try my best to extend their life.
The first tip and the one thing I always do is:
1.) Rotate Purses:
- #1, so I don’t get bored
- #2, so they match my outfits (I know, cringe, matchy-matchy) and
- #3, so no specific purse is in full wear and tear mode all the time.
I do have seasonal “main” purses:
- a pink one for spring
- a white one for summer
- a brown one for fall
- a black one for winter
but to reduce their wear, I rotate them with lesser-used seasonal purses. Which in turn keeps ALL the purses looking new and shapely…if that makes sense! 🙂
2.) Proper Storage:
- Store your purses in dust bags or pillowcases to protect them from dust, dirt, and light exposure.
- Try not to hang your purses by their handles- this causes them to stretch and deform over time. Instead, just lay them flat or place them on a shelf or in a drawer.
3.) Regular Cleaning:
- Lightly remove any surface dirt or debris with a soft, dry cloth or a brush- one best suited for the material of your purses (might require a label check or a quick Google).
- For leather purses, use a damp cloth and mild soap to clean any stains or marks. Test the soap on a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn’t damage the leather. Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaners, and wipe away any soap residue when finished.
- Fabric purses can be spot cleaned with a gentle detergent and warm water. Blot the stained areas rather than rubbing to avoid spreading the stain.
4.) Protection from the Elements:
- Keep your purse away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures because it causes fading or material damage.
- Invest in a waterproof spray made for the material of your purse, like leather or fabric, and spray your purses periodically to repel water and prevent stains.
5.) Handle with Care (Remember this Traveling Wilbury’s “tape?” Loved It!):
- Be careful with handling your purse to avoid unnecessary wear and tear- like placing it on rough, damp, or dirty surfaces or dragging it against sharp edges, etc.
- When carrying your purse, don’t continuously overload it with excessive weight; this can distort its shape and strain the straps or handles.
6.) Preserving Shape (especially with expensive purses!!!):
- Stuff your purse with tissue paper or bubble wrap when not in use to help maintain its original shape. Pay attention to structured bags or those with delicate embellishments.
- For leather purses, consider using a leather conditioner to keep the material supple and prevent it from drying out and cracking.
7.) Professional Maintenance (again, especially for expensive purses!):
- If your purse requires deep cleaning from bad stains, get a pro to handle the task.
- And just check to make sure you’re following the care instructions provided by the manufacturer.
8.) Pro-Active Practices
- Always stitch torn seams or zippers asap, as soon as you notice the tears.
- Sew or glue embellishments back on, again, as soon as you notice anything coming loose or hanging
- Trim off any hanging threads that have come loose on any exterior parts of your purse.
- Depending on the purse shape, I cut a thick piece of hard cardboard to fit into the bottom of my purse and place it at the base of my purse, to keep it “extra” structured.
Following these tips will extend the life of your purse and also keep it looking as good as new.
And they don’t have to be designer or high-end, expensive bags either. These tips will work on all the purses you own and love- regardless of cost.
Let’s Get Looking!
It’s so easy, just click on the link and buy!!! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall 2023 Purses: Classic and Trending
1.) Large Capacity Hobo Shoulder Bag– the most gorgeous color for all autumn outfits!
2.) Lady’s Convertible Sling Bag– an adorable gift for your campus cutie!
3.) Angel Barcelo Crossover Purse– black leggings and Ladie’s Wellingtons anyone?
4.) Roulens Triple Zip Small Crossbody Bag– so autumn-inspired, I want to buy a pumpkin!
5.) Montana West Horse Collection Handbag– sexy, sophisticated, dark fall vibes…
6.) TIBES Top-Handle Handbag– you’re a classy woman and it shows!
7.) FUKUYIN Tote Handbag– Oh! Now this screams “Fall!”
8.) Autumn Tote Purse– my favorite kind of gal!
9.) CHARMING TAILOR Chic Soft Vegan Leather Clutch– sunset soirees and, him…
10.) Tibes Top-Handle Handbag– you’re in charge!
11.) Leather Autumn Nature Wallet– so idyllic…
12.) Telena Vegan Leather Small Fanny Pack– can anyone say “precious?” 🙂
13.) Top Handle Shoulder Bag– crimson days and maple leafs 🙂
14.) Eshow Women’s Canvas Handbag– so beautiful and reminiscent of falling leaves
15.) CLUCI Crossbody– jeans, boots, and your favorite fall coat
16.) UTO-Small Crossbody Bags– big city nights
17.) Tibes Designer Handbag– ladies on the go!
That wraps up our comprehensive guide to the best fall purses of the season!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this mini fashion journey and are inspired to make the most of this short, crisp, colorful, gorgeous season.
When selecting a purse, consider how it complements your wardrobe, occasions, moods, and functionality.
A statement purse can transform a simple jeans-and-tee into a fashion-forward look, while a practical and spacious bag can be your go-to for busy days.
For more tips on capsule wardrobes, and how to accessorize please browse my other blog posts.
And check out these for more inspiration: