Who doesn’t love a good sauna?
They are the perfect way to relax and unwind after a long day.
And now, with home saunas, you can enjoy all the benefits of a traditional sauna without leaving the comfort of your own home.
What are Home Saunas?
The type of saunas we are discussing in this article are infrared, portable home sauna kits:
- that are set up in 1-2 hours,
- that are safer than rock and water steam saunas,
- that require no special household construction,
- and often, require only standard electrical outlets
The Average Cost of a Home Sauna
The cost of a 1-2 person sauna will vary depending on its size, materials used, and additional features.
Generally speaking, an average 1-2 person sauna can range anywhere from $1,000 up to $5,000.
The price may also increase depending on whether it includes an oxygen exchange system or other enhanced features.
However, if you cannot do the basic installation, those expenses may have to be included in the total cost.
The article will also give you a better indicator of cost, set-up, sizes, materials, ease of use, and portability, to best determine which type of sauna fits your lifestyle needs.
Why are Home Saunas becoming so Popular?
Elevated Spa-like Experiences
High-tech, modern 1-2 person home saunas come with an array of features to make your spa experience even more luxurious.
Not only do they come in styles ranging from classic wood cabins to sleek modern designs, but today’s saunas also offer things like:
- steam showers and aromatherapy diffusers to help you relax,
- advanced infrared heating systems for increased comfort and efficiency (as opposed to steam and ceramic heating),
- adjustable light settings for a customized atmosphere,
- Bluetooth and audio systems for music or guided meditation sessions,
- Customizable features, such as safety locks, stains, or glass and wood doors,
- Wi-Fi-enabled panels with apps that allow you to monitor and control your sauna from anywhere in the world.
Many of these features are designed to provide a deeper experience and greater control over your comfort in a home sauna.
Whether you’re looking for something traditional and cozy, or if you prefer high-tech luxury, there’s an ideal home sauna out there just waiting to become a part of your life!
Let’s take a look at some of the other reasons why home saunas just might be the right thing for you in 2023.
Most Popular Reasons to Purchase a Home Sauna
1. Improved Circulation:
A home sauna can help to improve circulation and boost blood flow throughout the body.
2. Stress Reduction:
Spending time in a home sauna promotes relaxation and helps to reduce stress levels over time.
The heat generated by a sauna can help to open pores, allowing toxins to be released from the body through sweat.
4. Pain Relief:
Home saunas might also provide relief from aches and pains due to improved circulation, increased flexibility, and tension release in the muscles.
5. Improved Skin Health:
Heat therapy relaxes skin and pores, which can promote cell renewal leading to a healthier complexion.
6. Enhances Immunity:
Increased heat exposure stimulates the production of white blood cells which are vital for immunity and health.
7. Relaxation & Calmness:
Home saunas provide an environment that encourages physical and mental relaxation as well as an overall sense of calmness as you unwind in your own space.
8. Increased Mental Clarity:
Soothing home spa environments help to promote relaxation and alone time, which in turn can lead to improved mental clarity.
9. Reduced Anxiety:
Spending time in a home spa can help to relax the mind and body, resulting in reduced feelings of anxiety or depression.
10. Increased Oxygen Intake & Fresh Air Quality:
Certain models of home saunas also come equipped with air exchange systems that filter oxygen into the space providing enhanced air quality when compared to other spas or salons.
11. Quality Time With Family & Friends:
Inviting family or friends over for an at-home treatment provides quality bonding time with those closest to you while enjoying some of the same benefits of visiting a professional spa together.
12. Luxurious Space For Relaxation:
Home spas provide a beautiful and luxurious setting and exude comfort and style.
13. Cost-Saving Benefits:
For those looking to save money on spa treatments or visits, investing in a home sauna allows you to enjoy all the same benefits without having to spend extra money on memberships or service fees.
14. Privacy & Flexibility:
Home spas provide comfort and convenience that is unrivaled when compared to other spas or salons, as they allow clients to remain within the privacy of their own homes without feeling rushed or uncomfortable due to a lack of privacy at certain facilities.
15. Customizable Experience:
With at-home spas, one is able to customize the experience according to their specific needs or preferences allowing them unique tailor-made experiences from the comfort of their homes!
But for now, let’s talk about…
Less Expensive Alternatives
Sauna blankets are a type of home spa treatment designed to help users relax, detoxify and reduce stress.
They work by wrapping the user in an infrared heat source, which creates an environment similar to that of a sauna or steam bath.
This helps to open pores and sweat out toxins, improve circulation, and reduce pain and inflammation.
The blanket can be used for 15-60 minutes depending on the user’s preference.
Like a larger portable sauna, the benefits of using a sauna blanket are similar:
- improved immune system function
- increased energy levels
- improved skin tone and texture
- reduced stress levels
- enhanced relaxation
To get the most out of your sauna blanket experience, it is important to follow best practices when using one.
These include ensuring that you are hydrated before and after use, being mindful of any medical conditions related to heat sensitivity, showering before use, and avoiding using any alcohol or medications near the time of use.
Additionally, always check to make sure that your device is in good working order, as faulty wiring can lead to risks of electric shock.
Sauna tents are lighter-weight, portable hot rooms designed to help users relax and unwind.
They use infrared technology to generate heat, similar to a traditional sauna. The benefits of using sauna tents are similar to sauna blankets and larger saunas:
- Increased endurance
- Ease of joint pain and stiffness
Likewise, it’s important to follow safety guidelines when setting up and using your sauna tent.
These include making sure that:
- the tent is placed on a hard flat surface
- that all electric components are in good condition
- avoiding alcohol or other intoxicants while using the tent
- not leaving the tent unattended once it is running
It’s also important to:
- wear minimal clothing while in the tent
- not exceed recommended temperatures or times
Saunas and Weight Loss
The weight loss process when using a sauna can be broken down into three stages:
- Sweating: The heat of the sauna causes you to sweat, which promotes water weight loss. This is important because the more water you lose, the more toxins you will flush out of your body. Just be sure to rehydrate.
- Calorie Burning: During a sauna session, your heart rate and metabolic rate are both increased which in turn leads to burning extra calories.
- Stimulated Circulation: Increased circulation helps move fluids and nutrients around the body, which can help reduce fat deposits in areas such as the stomach, hips, and thighs.
At Home Sauna FAQs
1. What is the ideal temperature for a home sauna?
The ideal temperature for an infrared home sauna is between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on your desired level of comfort.
2. Are there any health benefits associated with owning a home sauna?
Yes, regular use of a home sauna can lead to improved circulation, stress reduction, detoxification, pain relief, enhanced immunity, relaxation, and calmness.
3. Is it safe to use a home sauna?
Yes, as long as you follow all safety precautions properly and take necessary breaks when needed. Always ensure the room is adequately ventilated before using the home sauna to reduce risk factors and potential repercussions of overexposure to heat.
4. What kind of equipment do I need for my home sauna?
The basic equipment you will need for your sauna is included in the kits, depending on which models you purchase, such as:
- an infrared heater,
- spa benches or chairs,
- a control panel for adjusting temperatures,
- and an oxygen exchange system if desired.
5. How often should I use my at-home spa treatments?
It depends on the type of treatment being used but generally speaking once or twice a week should be sufficient for most treatments in order to gain maximum benefit from each session without overdoing it and risking overexposure to heat or steam.
…it is ALWAYS best to consult your physician before engaging in at-home spa treatments regularly so they can provide medical advice tailored specifically to you, considering any existing conditions or health concerns you may have that could be affected by such treatments.
Factors to be Aware of Before Buying a Home Sauna
While saunas can have many health benefits, it is important to be aware of the potential risks as well:
- Spending too long in a hot sauna can cause dehydration, dizziness, and nausea.
- Additionally, improper use or maintenance of a sauna can lead to skin burns and other injuries due to high temperatures.
- It is also important to make sure that any sauna you use is properly ventilated and installed (if needed, by a professional) for maximum safety.
- Pregnant women and people with certain medical conditions should ALWAYS consult their physician before using a sauna.
- Finally, saunas are NOT for children.
The History of Saunas
Saunas have been used for thousands of years, with the origins likely stretching back to ancient Finland and Scandinavia.
The earliest saunas were built in small huts or shacks using stones heated with a wood fire.
Over time, more efficient forms of heating and new materials helped evolve the design of saunas into what we know today.
Home saunas are an amazing luxury that can make it easier than ever to look after your mind, body, and soul.
Not only are these a great way to relax, but they can actually improve your physical and mental health in multiple ways.
From decreasing symptoms of stress and anxiety to increasing skin health and immunity, to improving cardiovascular flow – home saunas allow you to do it all – from the comfort of your own house!
So pamper yourself with some good old-fashioned ‘me’ time in the sauna- It may seem indulgent now, but it could pay off down the line in so many ways!