Don’t you love taking off your bra (yes!) and slipping into a warm pair of pjs? It’s always a major “ahhhh…” moment!
Yes, it’s a bit sad to put away the summer pajamas, but there are so many great things to look forward to about fall:
- the spicy, aromatic teas,
- getting lost in books and journals,
- telling spooky stories and watching scary movies,
- the harvest moons and migrating birds,
- hearty soups and stews and comfort meals,
- long walks in the crisp, gorgeous land around us,
- fires in the firepit, woodstove, and fireplace (or the television yule log channel)
- oversized sweaters, pumpkins, and lattes!
Did I mention pulling out the fall pajamas?
I’ll show you some great pjs, so let’s get started!
(but first) Your Favorite Fall Pajama Fabric Options:
- Flannel offers exceptional warmth for chilly autumn nights, and has a soft and brushed texture that adds extra comfort.
- Fleece is also incredibly soft and has a plush feel. And its insulating properties keep you warm throughout the night.
- Brushed cotton is a breathable, lightweight fabric that regulates body temperature and prevents overheating.
Choosing the right fabric for your fall pajamas will keep you comfy, cozy, and ready for a restful night’s sleep.
The Right Fabric Based on Preferences and Climates:
- Consider Comfort: Ask yourself- Do you prefer soft and smooth textures like cotton or silk, or the warmth and coziness of fabrics like fleece or flannel?
- Hot or Not? : In hot climates (or if you’re having hot flashes), try fabrics that allow air circulation and moisture-wicking properties, like linen or light cotton. For colder climates, choose insulating fabrics like wool or thermal blends.
- Fabric Care: Some fabrics may require special care like delicate washing, while others you can wash regularly (though I always recommend hang drying).
- Factor in Your Style: Choose fabrics that align with your style and the aesthetic you want to achieve. Sexy? Modest? Comfy? Or all of them combined?
Selecting the right fabric should compliment your comfort, style, and the climate you live in.
But let’s also not forget looking awesome 😉
Ok, Grab Your Hot Chocolate, and Let’s Shop!
As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Fall-Inspired Self-Care Habits and Tips:
Fall is the perfect time to embrace habits that: promote better sleep; create a cozy bedroom ambiance; and indulge in the comforting scents and flavors of the season.
Here are some great tips to help you sleep WAY BETTER, in these beautiful fall months:
Create a Relaxing Bedroom Ambiance
- Use warm, earthy tones and cozy textures in your bedroom decor.
- Add soft lighting with warm-toned bulbs or string lights to create a calming atmosphere.
- Incorporate fall-themed accents like autumnal throw pillows or cozy blankets.
Enhance Your Sleep Environment
- Invest in comfy bedding with warm materials like flannel or fleece sheets.
- Use blackout curtains or an eye mask to block out pesky light.
- Try a white noise machine or a fan to drown out distracting sounds.
Embrace Fall Scents
- Use essential oils or scented candles with fragrances like cinnamon, pumpkin spice, or apple cider to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Try using a diffuser to fill the room with calming scents like lavender or chamomile.
Enjoy Fall Teas
- Sip on herbal teas that promote relaxation and better sleep, such as chamomile, passionflower, or valerian root.
- Experiment with seasonal flavors like pumpkin spice tea or cinnamon-infused blends.
Establish a Bedtime Routine
- Set a consistent bedtime and wake-up time to regulate your body’s internal clock.
- Try relaxing activities before bed, such as reading a book, practicing gentle stretching, or listening to soothing music.
Remember, self-care routines are highly individual, so tailor them to your likes and needs.
By incorporating these fall self-care habits into your nighttime routine, you can enhance your sleep quality, create a cozy sanctuary, and fully embrace the spirit of the season.
For more tips to help you sleep better see these articles: